Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flops at work?

Today's local DC news reported that flip flops are becoming more widely accepted in the workplace, according to a recent survey.

Call me a traditionalist, but I have a hard time believing and accepting this notion as being true.  I realize there are many companies out there that follow VERY relaxed dress codes (i.e., shorts, polo shirts, etc) due to their industry, but I didn't think things had gotten so casual that the norm amongst work-shoes were literally noisy, and sometimes grimy, flip flops.  I can understand wearing open toed sandals for females (sorry guys, you are eternally stuck with the dress shoe or loafer) in the summer, but I can't imagine throwing on my Rainbow flops and heading to the office.  Something about that seems unprofessional from a client standpoint, along with from a self-productivity standpoint.
The culprit:  Flops


Today's post is short, but hopefully it made you think twice about your own opinion on flops in the workplace!  Until tomorrow, enjoy the 100+ degree weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment